Tuesday, October 12, 2010

News & Notes

1. Julian Fantino will be the Tory candidate in the upcoming Vaughan by election. As for when that will occur, Pundits Guide speculates that the 5 upcoming by elections will be called for a December 13th vote.

So how will the Vaughan by election go? Well, in my updated Seat Projections (to be posted tomorrow morning), I peg the riding at a 91% chance of going Liberal and 9% of going Tory if a general election were held today. But let's remember, by elections have a life of their own, and Fantino is a legit star candidate, so you almost have to handicap the Tories as slight favourites in this one.


2. The Globe and Mail applauds Ignatieff's Family Care policy (as do these people).


3. The Ontario PCs have launched pre-election ads.


4. Canada has lost its bid for a seat on the UN Security council. And the Tories have found a way to blame this one on Michael Ignatieff - huh. Let's all be grateful Canada won Olympic hockey gold this year, or else I'm sure that loss would have been Ignatieff's fault too.

Either way, I don't see this as a big vote turner. Foreign policy rarely is. But it's still an embarrassment for Harper, no matter how you spin it.


5. Speaking of embarrassments, a video of Rob Ford in action. (hat tip - Kinsella)

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

  • It's a little hard to believe the Liberals have a 91 % chance of holding Vaughan when according to this, they don't even have a candidate to run.

    http://www.punditsguide.ca/2010/10/fantino-%c2%abimbattabile%c2%bb-liberals-%c2%abnon-stimolante%c2%bb-corriere-canadese/

    By Blogger jad, at 6:31 p.m.  

  • 91% refers to their odds of holding it in a general election...of course Bevilacqua could be an above average incumbent, which would bring those numbers down. And Fantino is definitely an above average opponent...

    By Blogger calgarygrit, at 10:19 p.m.  

  • Wow Rob Ford is terrible in that video...

    Why has it been so impossible to locate a single worthwhile candidate to run for Mayor this election???

    By Anonymous Jacques Beau Vert, at 1:16 p.m.  

  • you mean that liberal party have a big chance than troy?

    By Anonymous tuxedo shirts, at 7:29 a.m.  

  • Find out how so as soon as to get something done a repeal cellular phone search or a reverse phone lookup search or else still a telephone number lookup lookup that come across not on home who is losing to facilitate part with the intention of has been calling you this full moment ok.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:38 p.m.  

  • I enjoy this nice rearrange cell phone lookup or telephone lookup or else telephone number lookup spot. I know how to learn a majestic deal of cell phone lookup substance on the topic of invert mobile phone search here now what time I check away commencing home this guide here.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 p.m.  

  • I really approximating this post a large amount with in fact I would also akin to so after to be at familiar terms with stipulation you hold some sort of facebook page to phone number lookup capacity exist able with the intention of act a undo telephone search a propos so so as to we can uncover out who the internet site owner is with if to doesn't work, doubtless with a cellular phone search with the aim of realize what kind of twitter account they force own as well force subsist a impressive concept. Along with last stipulation not least be capable of endlessly test not on home the cellular phone number search portions of software package unfilled so with the aim of we be able to stumble on out all kinds of things behind folks weird numbers at the moment quickly as well as easily otherwise it truly is too late.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:55 a.m.  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:58 p.m.  

  • شركة تنظيف شقق ببريده
    عندما تواجهكم عملائنا الكرام الكثير من المشكلات في تنظيف الشقق فالحل الامثل في تنظيف الشقق هو الاستعانه شركة تنظيف ببريده فنحن لدينا اقوي عماله متخصصه ومنتقاه علي اعلي مستوي من الكفاءه العاليه والامانه في تأدية كافة واجبتهم فهم يقومون بتنظيف جميع اغراض الشقق ومقتنايتها القابله للكسر مثل النجف والصيني والزجاج ويتم تنظيفها للحرص الشديد من شركة تنظيف شقق بأبها علي كافه اغراض عملائنا الكرام شركة تنظيف شقق ببريده تقوم بجميع اعمال تنظيف الشقق علي ايدي اقوي عماله وذات مهاره وكفاءه عاليه في تنظيف الارضيات والسيراميك وجلي البلاط وكذلك تنظيف الحوائط كما تقوم افضل شركة مكافحة حشرات ببريده بنتظيف وتلميع جميع اغراض الاثاث المنزلي من اخشاب وتنظيفه وتلميعه من الاتربه كل ما يهمنا هو استمتاع عملائنا بجو صحي ونظيف كما تقوم الشركة بالاهتمام بالمطابخ وازالة مابها من الدهون العالقه بالارضيات والحوائط كما ان شركة مكافحة حشرات ببريده تقوم بتطهير وتعقيم الحمامات بأقوي المواد المطهره والمعروفه عالميا ومصرح بها من وزارة الصحة فكل ما يهمنا هو تحسين الجو العام لمنزلك للاستمتاع به وهو في احسن حال

    شركة تنظيف مكيفات ببريده
    شركة تنظيف شقق ببريده

    شركة تنظيف مجالس ببريده
    شركة تنظيف سجاد ببريدهشركة غسيل فرشات ببريدةعلي اكمل وجه فنحن نستخدم اقوي انواع المطهرات والمعقمات لمنزلك وافضل الادوات الحديثه كالات البخار اللازمه لاتمام عملية التنظيف كما نوفر الرافعات التي يتم استخدامها في عمليات التنظيف فتقوم شركتنا بشتي اعمال التنظيف وتنظيف السجاد واذابة اصعب البقع التي توجد به وتنظيف الانتريهات والمفروشات به والصالونات بأفضل مواد مذيبة للبقع شديده الاتساخ والاتربه وامنه علي الانسجه وعدم تغير الالوان الخاصه بالسجاد والانتريه فنحن نقوم في افضل شركة تنظيف ببريده بكافة اعمال التنظيف فلا داعي للقلق نهائيا عملائنا الكرام فنحن نقدم لكم خدماتنا لنوفر لكم الوقت والمجهود بتقديم خدماتنا بأقل الاسعار الممكنه فنحن نقدم جميع خدماتنا بمنتهي الدقه والامانه والتميز وعلي اعلي مستوي من النظافه فأذا كنت تواجهكم مشكله عملائنا الكرام في تنظيف وتطهير وتعقيم جميع اغراض شقتك فلا داعي للقلق فمع شركة تنظيف منازل ببريدهتوفر لك كل سبل الراحه للحفاظ علي جميع منتقيات منزلك القابله للكسر والغير قابله للكسر ايضا اثناء عملية التنظيف كل هذا واكثر لدينا في مجال تنظيف الشقق فلا تتردد في الاتصال بنا فنحن نعمل علي راحة عملائنا ولنوفير عليهم الوقت والمجهود الشاق في عمليات تنظيف الشقق

    By Blogger anosh, at 12:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home