2006 Year in Review Quiz. In Canada. We're Not Making This Up.
1. How did the New York Times describe Peter MacKay when speculating about him and Condi?
a) "A horse faced charmer"
b) "The closest thing to eye candy on the diplomatic circuit"
c) "The Britney Spears of Canadian politics"
d) "An elfin type with fierce eyes"
2. Which of the following did Stephen Harper do on the Rick Mercer Report this fall?
a) Had lunch at Harvey's with Rick
b) Visited Canadian Tire with Rick
c) Read Rick a bedtime story
d) Went skinny dipping with Rick
3. Which of the following parties finished dead last in terms of the popular vote, with a mere 72 votes nationally?
a) Animal Alliance Environment Voters Party of Canada
b) Canadian Action Party
c) Marijuana Party
d) The NDP
4. Andrew Coyne's longest blogging hiatus this year was:
a) 20 days
b) 50 days
c) 90 days
d) 150 days
5. Which Harper communications director was fired less than a month into the job?
a) Sandra Buckler
b) William Stairs
c) Jeff Norquay
d) Toby Ziegler
6. What percentage of the vote did Ralph Klein get on his leadership review, prompting him to call it quits?
7. According to Alf Apps, who best understands Pierre Trudeau's view of federalism?
a) Justin Trudeau
b) Alexandre Trudeau
c) Stephen Harper
d) Alf Apps
8. Which of the following Liberal MPs and onetime leadership hopefuls did not participate in the leadership Q & A session in Edmonton this April?
a) Belinda Stronach
b) John McCallum
c) Joe Fontana
d) Ruby Dhalla
9. How many MLAs from Alberta's two largest cities were included in Ed Stelmach's first 18 member Cabinet?
10. According to Lawrence Cannon, the Quebecois are:
a) Descendants of the French settlers
b) Francophone Quebecers
c) Francophone Canadians
d) Everyone living in Quebec
e) All/some of the above
11. Who won my "best Prime Minister we never had" contest this summer?
12. Put the following leadership candidates in the chronological order that they endorsed Bob Rae: Carolyn Bennett, Maurizio Bevilacqua, Scott Brison, Ken Dryden, Hedy Fry, Joe Volpe
13. How many provinces changed Premiers this year?
14. For another point, name the new Premiers.
15. Which two Liberal leadership contenders voted against Harper's "nation" motion?
16. Put the following celebrity break-ups in chronological order:
-Britney Spears and Kevin Federline
-Michael Ignatieff and Susan Kadis
-Joe Volpe and Jimmy K
17. Who is the Minister of National Revenue and Western Diversification?
18. Who is this man?
19. Who was named Canada's Greenest Prime Minister?
20. Within +/- 1%, what percentage of the vote did Stephen LeDrew get in the Toronto moyoralty race?