This Week in Alberta: On the Ground Edition
1. The Edmonton Journal has taken a page from the Hill Times with their annual MLA survey. Given the dearth of political intrigue in Alberta, finding out who the sexiest MLAs are is about as consequential as Alberta politics gets these days. Best hair, rudest, and all the other fun categories can be found here.
MLAs were also asked what superhero Ed Stelmach reminds them of - and Superman got the most votes (dear MLAs: seriously?). I'd be hesitant to pick a single superhero, but comparing Ed to Heroes might not be a bad idea given the convoluted and incomprehensible plot lines we've seen from that show this season.
2. Speaking of superheroes, what do Ralph Klein and the Joker have in common? (answer - and Dark Knight spoiler - at the end)
3. Also offering up an MLA report card is Daveberta.
4. New to the Alberta blog scene is Tiny Perfect. Tiny is a Dipper from Edmonton (as if there were any other kind of Alberta Dipper), and gets a hat tip for my next, non-Alberta, bullet point.
5. I'm sure everyone was expecting a lot of babies to be named "Barack" this year. But, there is one political power couple whose recent success has spawned a baby naming boom, as far away as England!
6. Given how this blog started, how could I not love an anonymous Alberta Liberal blog? Centre Bloq is new to the blogging scene, and is funny, smart, and willing to critique both the provincial and federal parties when they deserve to be criticized. Check it out.
7. Answer: They both blew up the General Hospital.