Election Called - Jump Into The Pool
This blog will, of course, be covering the election in great detail. I'll have relevant links on the sidebar. I'll have a "week in review" every Sunday. I'll keep the "Ad Watch" feature going. I'll do some fun numbers stuff every Wednesday. And I'll be posting on election goings-on whenever the real world gives me time to.
Be sure to try your hand at prognostication with the James Bow Election Pool and the Gaffe Pool. I'm also pleased to launch the second (almost annual) offbeat election pool. Each question is worth 1 point, with a tie-breaker to be included at the end.
1. Will Elizabeth May win her seat?
2. Will Justin Trudeau win his seat?
3. Will Senator Michael Fortier win his seat?
4. Will the Liberals win a seat in Alberta?
5. How many seats in Quebec will the NDP win?
6. Which polling company's final numbers will be closest to the actual result?
7. Which party will run the most vicious attack ad? (I get to play judge and jury on this one)
8. Will the word "abortion" be used in a major party TV ad? ("right to choose" doesn't count, but the word doesn't need to be spoken)
9. Which leader will get the most points in the gaffe pool?
10. Conservative Party over/under in Crowfoot - 80%.
Tie-Breaker: Number of seats won by the Conservatives.