Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Preliminary Thoughts on the Ontario Budget

I'm new to the Ontario political scene so I don't feel I'm qualified to offer up detailed analysis on today's budget. What I will do, is offer the following bit of advice to Dwight Duncan, in light of this:

Ontario Treasurer Dwight Duncan, who sported a new Ontario-made BlackBerry instead of the customary pair of new shoes Tuesday

Dude - you always buy new shoes. That's the budget tradition. It isn't Christmas where you get to buy whatever toy you want. If you wanted to draw attention to the high tech industry, then get your own Maxwell Smart shoe phone, but it has to be a shoe!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • too funny!

    By Blogger susansmith, at 11:56 p.m.  

  • Oh god! I thought they gave up on trying to resurrect old shows into horrible movies!

    But yeah- that's hilarious!

    By Blogger Alexander Soley, at 8:08 a.m.  

  • Keep up the great work. You always have a unique take on things and I think it is excellent.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 a.m.  

  • Actually Dyna, Get Smart will be hitting theatres in the near-future.

    I'm not saying Dwight Duncan makes me pine for Jim Flaherty... he just makes me look forward to a day when we have a better Finance Minister.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home