Wednesday, January 23, 2008

And the Nominees are...

Yes, yes, Ellen Page and the girl from Road to Avonlea got Oscar nominations. Well, La-de-da. The more exciting nomination news to be announced yesterday was for the Canadian Blog Awards. While I doubt I will be much of a match for the Small Dead Animals vote-stacking machine or the Daveberta facebook group in the race for top blog, it's an honour just to be nomina...what's that? Oh... Regardless, I did snag nominations in two categories, and I encourage everyone to go vote for me for best political blog and best progressive blog. Remember, if you were nominated, I would vote for you!

Go Vote



Other blogs I like who got nominations:

Best Blog: Daveberta. Vote Daveberta and piss off Ed Stelmach!

New Blog: Uncorrected Proofs and Danielle Takacs (but, god, the colour scheme burns my eyes!)

Non-Partisan Blog: Bow. James Bow

Best Local Blog: Miss 604, of Test the Nation fame.

Best Religious Blog: Jordon Cooper

8 Comments:

  • Thanks for the plug!

    By Blogger uncorrectedproofs, at 11:10 p.m.  

  • okay, I voted for you on both counts. You got my vote for best political blog only due to, for some twisted reason, ChuckerCanuck was somehow left out! Now when can I expect to see my brown envelope in the mail? ;)

    By Blogger Tim, at 11:24 p.m.  

  • Dan I voted for you despite your reputation of not paying outstanding financial obligations....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 p.m.  

  • I can change, really! If I changed the colour scheme, would I win your vote? If not, name your price!

    By Blogger Danielle Takacs, at 11:34 p.m.  

  • I was nominated, and you totally didn't vote for me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:03 a.m.  

  • You got my votes, champ.

    By Blogger Jacques Beau Vert, at 12:09 a.m.  

  • I've given Calgary Grit best blog on my year end revue post for the last two years. Can it get any more glamourous than that?

    By Blogger nuna d. above, at 3:15 p.m.  

  • best of luck!

    By Blogger Wheatsheaf, at 9:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home