Saturday, October 28, 2006

Completely Off Topic

On occasion, people go and do something to make me doubt my faith in humanity. For example, every election night when the Calgary West results roll in.

Yesterday, I once again was forced to question the collective wisdom of my fellow Calgarians. I went to Blockbuster to rent Thank You For Smoking (which totally rocked!) and was amazed to see that all 126 copies of Click were rented out. A quick internet search let me know that there are over 50 Blockbusters in Calgary. Throw in all the other movie chains and I don't think it's a stretch to say that 8 or 9 thousand Calgarians spent their Friday night watching Click. Kind of sad if you think about it...


Mandatory Political Comment: I'm sure Peter MacKay wishes he had a remote control to rewind his life...

8 Comments:

  • or possibly one with a mute function

    By Blogger Leny Vilekoskytch, at 1:25 p.m.  

  • (formerly Cyber Menace)

    I think the country, and especially the opposition, will want a delete button when they look back at this entire episode.

    To fake such outrage, over off-the-record heckling directed towards an MP who embarrasses herself routinely, is a chapter in politics I think lots of people should be ashamed of.

    By Blogger Dennis (Second Thots), at 2:10 p.m.  

  • What's wrong with "Click"?

    note: I never watched it, should I?

    By Blogger The New Liberal Movement, at 3:30 p.m.  

  • Click was so bad I didn't even see it!

    By Blogger Jacques Beau Vert, at 4:36 p.m.  

  • I watched Click yesterday, and I really liked it. A certain scene with the Fonz brought me to tears, but that's just me...

    As for Peter MacKay, I don't know if he needs to rewind his life (though that's arguable) but he should certainly go back to before he got tangled with Belinda and smack some sense into himself. (Oh, and not lie to Parliament either...)

    By Blogger Dennis, at 6:29 p.m.  

  • On occasion, people go and do something to make me doubt my faith in humanity.

    Like when I see these anti-afghanistan rallys like I just saw on the news.

    By Blogger Brad, at 8:14 p.m.  

  • Click was actually a damn fine movie.... and I usually don't like Adam Sandler.

    By Blogger Andrew, at 9:10 a.m.  

  • Yeah... I'm going to join all the people above and tell you that I enjoyed Click myself. Not a big fan of the Tories, though...

    By Blogger Léo Bourdon, at 6:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home