Thursday, June 23, 2005

Vaughan Grit

I was a little startled this morning to get a big mail-out pamphlet from Maurizio Bevilacqua, a former future Martin Cabinet star.

Don't get me wrong: I'm as interested in the goings-on in Vaughan, Ontario as the next Calgarian. And it is very reassuring to find out that Maurizio is "taking my message to Ottawa" and that "my priorities are his priorities". I must admit that the thought briefly crossed my mind that just maybe everybody's favourite dark horse in the unofficial Liberal leadership campaign is laying the groundwork for a future push. But after the good treatment Maurizio has received from the PM in the past, I'd be shocked if this were the case.

And for what it's worth, while he lacks name recognition, Maurizio is likely a more serious candidate than certain other Italian Liberal MPs who will go unnamed here.

7 Comments:

  • I got the same pamplet. Let me say, it failed to impress.

    1. It said nothing about any federal plans.

    2. It was Franked. Oooohhh, it was Franked...

    I'm very attentive to the people who I think could win a leadership contest. It will be interesting to see who comes from the outside.

    By Blogger James Bowie, at 2:47 a.m.  

  • We got them up in Edmonton, too. I was begining to wonder if Strathcona had been twinned with Vaugn overnight...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23 a.m.  

  • An interesting fact:

    If you exclude Cabinet ministers, who are required to vote in favour, Mr. Bevilacqua received the highest % vote out of any Ontario MPs who are in favour of gay marriage.

    By Blogger Michael Fox, at 11:26 a.m.  

  • Interesting. I was wondering if anyone else got it too. It was in my mailbox two days ago.

    Interestingly enough, it came from his House of Commons address...

    I love how it hinted that it was because of him that the Feds balanced the budget, is paying down the debt, and created 3,000,000 new jobs!

    Wow, this guy sounds really amazing. :P

    By Blogger daveberta, at 1:15 p.m.  

  • Funny, I got that one too, and I'm in the hotbed Tory area of Kelowna-Lake Country in British Columbia!

    By Blogger RGM, at 3:22 p.m.  

  • you know what i keep getting? shit from vic toews. i dont live in a tory riding, ive never joined their party, and i dont want it.

    i feel sorry for bevilacqua but nobody told him to become a martinite... ah, the martin régime, where loyalty means nothing and italians are interchangeable.

    By Blogger ainge lotusland, at 5:22 p.m.  

  • This won't really have success, I feel like this.

    By Anonymous www.pontevedra-3d.com, at 1:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home