Thursday, February 07, 2008

Are You Smarter Than A 10th Grader?

Actual reviews from grade 10 students after Ed's Q & A with them (since when do Canadian High Schools host partisan events anyways?). Talk about a tough crowd:


A group of Grade 10 students interviewed after the premier’s appearance were unimpressed with their firsthand look at political stumping.

“Honestly, I didn’t think he answered that great,” said Patrick Sweiger. “He danced around it.

“There were a few things he said that I thought were OK. I wasn’t sold on it.”

Spencer Swinston said overall he enjoyed the premier’s appearance, but gave him poor marks on his response to student questions.

“Some of the stuff was on topic,” he said, but added, “Every time we asked him a question he would just completely change the subject.”

“I thought he was a little blown away by a couple of those questions,” said Danielle Dwyer. “He didn’t have a response.”

Kiley Helmer also gave a bad review to the premier’s message. “What I just mainly took from it is we are the future. (But) what’s the point of coming here if you have no plans for the future.”



Someone needs to hire this Kiley to write talking points for the ALP because that's got more bite than anything I've heard come out of Kevin's mouth so far this campaign!


Hat Tip: PTimHB

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Glen, at 1:36 p.m.  

  • "Blown away by the question." How does a Grade 10 student BLOW AWAY a Premier with a question?

    By Blogger Glen, at 1:37 p.m.  

  • Children can be so perceptive...

    Now why can't their parents be as observant and toss this guy out?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:44 p.m.  

  • I would like to point out that I stumped Gerard Kennedy when I was 15 (in 1999), when he came to talk to our school (he was my MPP).

    I asked him how the Liberals were going to deal with the deficit if they planned on raising spending and not raising taxes. He coughed, took a drink of water, and talked about Mrs. McGillicutty who needs a hip replacement or something like that.

    (I had a meaner question as to - why Liberals thought McGuinty was a better leader than him).

    By Blogger french wedding cat, at 4:18 p.m.  

  • That's one question. Ed didn't have one single student willing to give him a positive review.

    By Blogger Glen, at 6:27 p.m.  

  • I like this kid already.

    By Blogger daveberta, at 7:08 p.m.  

  • Gosh, there's a lot of helpful information above!

    By Anonymous www.asturias-3d.com, at 2:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home