Back From Montreal
For now, here are 10 signs you were at the Liberal the Liberal Liberal Convention in Montreal this weekend:
1. You can now text message 40 words a minute.
2. You have 50 button holes in all your shirts, a Gerard Kennedy bandana, Bob Rae balloons, Ken Dryden cookies, and a suitcase full of swag you will probably never wear again.
3. You find yourself spontaneously breaking into chants of "Di-on! Di-on!", "GK all the way!", or "Oh Rae, Oh Rae, Oh Rae, Oh Rae" at work.
4. You find it offensive that you now have to pay for your own alcohol.
5. You've been woken up to "Ted Morton is the man" the past 5 days (this one only applies to the AB youth delegates who I had on my wake-up call list).
6. After spending a week in one of the most beautiful cities in North America, you now feel kind of guilty that you never left the 3 block radius of the convention centre.
7. Still stuck in convention mode, you find yourself saying things like "the only way to stop Iggy is to go for lunch now!" or "unless you wash the dishes, Bob Rae will win this thing!".
8. You've read four separate analyses of the MacLeans poll, all conclusively showing that a different man is the best suited to beat Stephen Harper.
9. You've spent at least 2 hours waiting for your plane to defrost at some point in the past week.
10. You have at least one picture of yourself with Justin Trudeau or something signed by Ken Dryden (hopefully not one of the Liberal thongs they had for sale at the souvenir table).