Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Leadership Prediction Project

I'm working on a post to try and gauge where the leadership candidates are at in terms of support province by province. I've got the news stories, wikipedia endorsements, fundraising numbers, etc, and have chatted around to people I know on different campaigns. But the more information, the better so anyone who wants to send me in sale numbers or a rough sense of where their home province is going, that would be much appreciated (anonymously, or otherwise).

bart_ramson@hotmail.com

2 Comments:

  • Bart, or whatever your name is, it's not over till the fat lady sings. What will decide this race is who shows up and puts down their 1G to vote. The cost of being a delegate will be a factor more than in any other leadership convention for any party. I prerdict a lot of no shows. Only after registration and alternate registration closes will we have some idea of who is in the lead. A candidate can have the most delegates Oct 1st, then do or say something wrong and amny delegates may decide its not worth it to support that candidate.

    It's not the electoral college, which is rock solid. Things will change even after Oct. 1st. Someone will need braces, or a major car repair, or their plumbing will burst, or people will lose jobs, or kids in college will need money and the $1000 plus plus suddenly becomes prohibitive. No shows will be king maker at this convention. Big time.

    By Blogger S.K., at 3:49 p.m.  

  • Off topic, but I must say I was disheartened (and felt a little silly) when I learned "Bart Ramson" was a psudeonym. I thought that was a kickass name. Very Albertan.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 4:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home