Kwebec Keystone Kops
But it looks like it could be worse. After reading this Hill Times article about the show in Quebec, the Calgary organization doesn't look so bad. Let's consider:
1. Candidates from the seven Quebec City ridings are sharing one office.
2. One of the candidates cozied up in the office, Helene Scherrer, called Quebec a "very poor province".
3. Luc Chiasson, in Roberval, has no phone, office, or car, and won't begin campaigning until he finishes his finals.
4. The Liberal candidate in Manicouagan was, one week ago, campaigning for an election boycott. Try spinning that one at the door.
5. An old press release by Marc Garneau is circulating around where he cautions against spending money on mentally challenged children.
6. The Globe & Mail has a front page story on federalists in Quebec who plan to vote for the Bloc. Obviously they didn't get the memo about the election referendum.
7. And, of course, there's Jean Lapierre. 'nuff said.