Monday, May 24, 2004

Advice Followed...Part 2

It's not exactly the same format which I used in my suggested ad for the Tories, but it comes close. You can view the new Conservative ad here. I still think "There are some things money can't buy. Unfortunantly for the Liberals, you vote is one of them." would be a better end line to use but it's a start.

As for my other 3 suggestions to Steve, he's doing alright - thin on ideas which is good and I'm sure MacKay will be featured prominently throughout the campaign. I haven't seen him go at Paul yet on the separatist issue, maybe because he'll need the Bloc to support him if he forms a minority government.

The Liberals new ad is out too. I've got to say, I think this "Choose your Canada" attack plan is very risky. Harper's got the line of the campaign so far ("You don't have to be Liberal to be Canadian") and he'll just keep saying it if the Liberals proceed down this road. Also, given the reaction to Dalton's budget (which I actually liked), campaigning against tax cuts might not play so well.