Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Mid-Week Musings

-There's an interesting post on Policy Watch about the Conservatives breaking copyright laws on the government of Canada website. Well..."interesting" if you find discussion on copyright infringement laws interesting.


-Is there anyone who knows of any articles on how demographics (ie. Census data) are related to voting patterns in Canada? Send me an e-mail if you know of any out there. Thanks.


-Political Staples links up to the Tom Flanagan article in Saturday's Globe on rebuilding the Mulroney coalition. Is it just me or does anyone else think the break-up and coming together of Canada's right wing would make for a fascinating book? Maybe even a CBC mini-series (let's hear everyone's suggestions for actors to play Stockwell Day, Stephen Harper, and Joe Clark right now!).


-I was happy when I reached number 2 for google "David Herle" searches. But nothing can match the pride and certain traffic which will come from reaching number 1 in this search.


-An 11 candidate debate? Good grief. I think we'd probably learn more watching the 11 duel it out in a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. The one bright spot in the debates should be the random one-on-one matchups. Some people say they'll lead to odd pairings but I for one think it would be kind of fun to watch Stephane Dion match wits with Hedy Fry.


-The Nova Scotian election is on, featuring Darrell Dexter against Rodney MacDonald .



I wish I had some insightful comments to make about this race but I just can't get past the names: Rodney MacDonald versus Darrell Dexter.


-Garth Turner is holding an on-line town hall on June 1st. Cool.

255 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home