Monday, March 28, 2011

Job Opening



The above is a now-pulled Craigslist ad, looking for right-wing blog trolls. Among the job qualifications, they want someone able to "make up facts" and deliver "personal insults". Presumably, if you're really good at this, you eventually get promoted to the Tory war room.

The job application calls for a "100 word post" in response to a headline "Ignatieff Promises No Coalition After Election".

So here's what I propose. I invite anyone interested in this job to leave a troll rant on the above topic in the comments section below. Having run a Liberal blog for 7 years, I consider myself a bit of an expert on trolling, so I'll judge the best troll post. The winner gets a reference letter from me, which I'll forward on to Tory HQ.

With that, I leave you with some advice, to help you write your submissions:

1. As mentioned in the application, simply make up facts or quotes if you can't find real ones to support your argument. For example, did you know that Michael Ignatieff once said "the only good thing about Canada are the high taxes"?

2. You sound more convincing if you pass yourself off as a former Liberal who has grown disillusioned with Michael Ignatieff's leadership: "I've voted Liberal my entire life, and have a tatoo of Pierre Trudeau on my left butt cheek. But even I'm worried about this coalition."

3. Remember, AdScam trumps everything! "Sure, Stephen Harper ran over a toddler yesterday, but at least he's not as corrupt as the Lieberals were with the Sponsorship Scandal!"

4. Use hyperbole to make a point: "Ignatieff's so bad, I'm wishing we had Stephane Dion back as leader!"

29 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home