Calgary Grit Election Pool - 20 Questions
While there is no prize for the winner, this is your chance to be immortalized forever and ever alongside previous winners Saskatchewan Grit and HoserToHoosier. Simply reply to this post with your predictions or e-mail them in to email@example.com. Or, better yet, print off the questions and start up your own office pool.
1. Will Elizabeth May win her seat?
2. Will the Conservatives sweep Alberta?
3. Will Julian Fantino be re-elected?
4. Thomas Mulcair or Martin Cauchon in Outremont?
5. Which polling company's publicly released final numbers will be closest to the actual results?
6. Over/under on the highest level of support the Conservatives will hit in a national election poll - 42%
7. Will the Liberals ever lead in a national election poll?
8. Which party will run the most vicious attack ad? (as judged by yours truly)
9. Which party will run the "best" ad? (as voted on by Calgary Grit readers)
10. Will the words "abortion", "women's right to choose", or some variant, be used in a TV commercial this campaign?
11. Will any Harper Cabinet Ministers appear in an english-language commercial this campaign?
12. Will Harper's sweater vest make an appearance in a Conservative ad?
13. Conservative vote over/under in Crowfoot - 80% (82% the last 2 elections)
14. Voter turn out over/under - 60% (59% last election)
15. How many seats will the Conservatives win in Newfoundland?
16. Number of independent candidates elected?
17. The Bloc. Will they win more or less seats than last election?
18. Will over half the Liberal seats won come from Ontario? (last election, 38 of their 77 wins came from there)
19. Number of times Stephen Harper uses the word "coalition" in the (first) English language debate?
20. Who will the instant-polls show as having won the first English language debate? (based on an average of all debate polls released in the next 24 hours)
Tie-Breaker: Predict the seat totals for each party