Sunday, August 10, 2008

Doing Politics Differently

This is a smart idea - get more people signed up and get your existing supporters fired up:


Dear Friend --

Barack Obama is about to make one of the most important decisions of this campaign -- choosing a running mate.

You have helped build this movement from the bottom up, and Barack wants you to be the first to know his choice.

Sign up today to be the first to know:

http://my.barackobama.com/vp

You will receive an email the moment Barack makes his decision, or you can text VP to 62262 to receive a text message on your mobile phone.

Once you've signed up, please forward this email to your friends, family, and coworkers to let them know about this special opportunity.

No other campaign has done this before. You can be part of this important moment.

Be the first to know who Barack selects as his running mate.

Thanks,

David

David Plouffe
Campaign
Manager
Obama for America

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • The important thing to notice is that the Obama campaign is voluntarily getting people to submit their e-mail addresses and cell-phone #s. These will be extremely valuable in late-October, and especially on Election Day for GOTV pushes.

    Imagine a text message on Nov 4 reminding you to vote for Obama. The text message could give you the location of your polling station and hours of operation.

    In the 1980s and 1990, it was all about Direct Mail. Today it's all about E-Mail and Text.

    By Blogger Independent, at 9:58 a.m.  

  • Bingo!

    Considering they will have about 3 times as many field workers, this is all building towards a brilliant ground game strategy.

    By Blogger calgarygrit, at 12:07 p.m.  

  • Kerry also had a bigger ground game than Bush, but Bush got out the vote through churches, etc. I think the key problem for Kerry was targeting - white college students don't always make the best/most relatable campaign workers. Obama is fixing that problem.

    What I would do if I were the Republicans would be to try screwing up the mybarack info with lots of fake entries, giving Obama an incorrect sense of where his support was coming from.

    PS: I really hope Obama picks me as VP... I mean I'm not eligible to be president, sure, both by age and nationality, but I figure I could handle the job.
    *I look good in black, so funerals would be a cinch.
    *I live in a potential swing state, Indiana.
    *I have executive experience, from when I was editor of my yearbook.
    *I would help balance the ticket by defusing the "celebrity" charge, since I am not a celebrity.
    *I have a decent impersonation of John McCain which could help in attack dog-ing (incidentally I hope McCain wins mostly for that reason).

    By Blogger french wedding cat, at 10:55 p.m.  

  • Any theories on why one of the fields is labelled "Zip / Postal Code" instead of just "Zip Code"?

    Do some parts of the US use postal codes? Or maybe Canada joined the US when I wasn't looking. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home