This and That
2. According to these calculations, Ralph Klein and Shirley McLellan will each be walking away from the Alberta legislature with parting gifts well over half a million dollars.
3. This Decima poll is interesting. More Canadians would prefer a plan which gave a $1,000 tax break to households which take environmental action rather than a plan which would give a $1,000 tax break to every household.
4. If the ugly headlines over Wajid Khan continue, one has to wonder how long it will be before Harper banishes him to a desolate planet.
5. The Hill Times has some speculation on Liberals eying Wajid's old riding. Some of the names they mention:
-Andrew Kania, of 2004 nomination controversy fame, and a key organizer on John Manley's 2003 leadership campaign.
-Khalid Usman, a former city councilor in Markham.
-Charles Soussa, a Royal Bank executive.
-Bonnie Crombie, a Michael Ignatieff organizer
I've also heard a lot of talk about former Allan Rock and Gerard Kennedy staffer, Mandy Maghera, eyeing the seat. Given Dion's commitment to electing more women to parliament, she would certainly be a good fit.
6. Rumour has David McGuinty as the next Liberal environment critic.