Saturday, February 14, 2009

Because nothing says “I love you” like a scarf with some other dude’s name on it

Dear Dan,

While we look forward to spring, Valentine's Day is almost here to help us fend off winter's chill. If you are still looking for the right gift for your Valentine, I have a cozy red suggestion:

Make a donation of $100 or more by midnight on Saturday, February 14th, and you will receive a limited-edition red fleece scarf, embroidered with the name of my favourite Liberal Valentine [Ed note: Justin Trudeau?], to help keep you or a loved one warm until spring arrives.

Winter may be with us a while yet. Let's weather it together.

Warm regards and hope to see you in Vancouver,

Zsuzsanna Zsohar



Now, don’t get me wrong – I’ve been saying for a while there should be an online Liberal store and that the party should use swag as much as possible to encourage fundraising.

However, as part of this blog’s continuing efforts to help my readers find love, I would caution against opting to give that special someone a Michael Ignatieff scarf as their only Valentine’s Day gift.

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • A year late- and I'm not sure how much you'll agree with the guy's politics- but this might work better:

    http://www.filibustercartoons.com/index.php/2008/02/13/from-dion-with-love/

    By Blogger Alexander Soley, at 1:08 p.m.  

  • How about DVD copies of Dion's "Hostage" video... for two easy payments of $9.99? Or signed copies of the " Hot Air" book? lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:21 p.m.  

  • I believe you can choose whose name you would like on it...

    By Blogger WesternGrit, at 2:51 p.m.  

  • Come on Dan... It's a fundraiser. You make a donation and you get something in return. They have scarves left over from the leadership.

    It's not that big a deal.

    By Blogger Devin Maxwell, at 3:09 p.m.  

  • I miss my Dion scarf and hat - they all got given away on the convention floor.

    By Blogger Matthew Naylor, at 9:57 a.m.  

  • It's actually a good idea - just funny to spin a 2006 Iggy scarf as a Valentine's Day gift...

    By Blogger calgarygrit, at 10:31 a.m.  

  • MN - If you can track me down a GK scarf, I'll trade you my Dion one...

    By Blogger calgarygrit, at 10:31 a.m.  

  • As reported in the Edmonton Journal, I have a Gerard Kennedy tambourine.

    What kind of Dion swag does that get me?

    By Blogger Corey Hogan, at 7:47 p.m.  

  • I've got an autographed Dion ballcap...and a Gerard kennedy tambourine.

    By Blogger Devin Maxwell, at 7:00 p.m.  

  • I got one.
    For Valentine's Day.

    ....
    I'm all for supporting the Party, but, guys? A bit of advice?
    If you're getting someone an Iggy scarf, get them some candy too.

    By Blogger Sophie-Marie, at 5:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home