Monday, February 18, 2008

Your Dalton Day Link Round-Up

-I thought the same thing when I watched QP yesterday. I'm not sure Jean Lapierre is necessarily the best person to be revealing the inner thoughts of Jean Chretien's mind.


-The Tories have unleashed a new line of attack on Dion, claiming that a Liberal government would plunge the country back into deficit. I think even Tories will agree this isn't likely, for the exact same reason I don't expect Harper to ever ban abortion or bring back the death penalty - it would be political suicide to run a deficit in this day and age. But it is interesting to get a sneak peak of some of the themes we'll see during the next election, expected to be called in...ummm....ahh....well...


-The Bloc are also advertising...they target the Tories on a wide range of policy positions.


-While I did miss all the fun of the Ontario elections in the fall, the OYL elections figure to be just as intense. Jacob Mksyartinian is running for re-election with OYL Beyond, while Mary Rose Brown is running for President with OYL Roots. Being new to the scene, I don't know all the players, but I would like to put in a good word on behalf of bloggers Justin Tetreault and Danielle Takacs, along with Elyse Banham and Chris Drew, who I hear is running for VP Policy on a "fund faith based schools" platform.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Chris Drew, at 8:07 p.m.  

  • hahaha thanks for the post Dan, but sadly I'm just so busy thinking of ways to enhance the policy process for the OYL I just can't find the 'faith' to champion that particular policy. haha

    Chris

    By Blogger Chris Drew, at 8:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home