Monday, July 30, 2007

When Harry Met Cherie - Day 50

The story that refuses to die continues, with these gem quotes from Cherie Cymbalisty, the Cowboys waitress who flirted with Prince Harry back in early June:


"We thought that was the only way to make them go away and not make up stuff about me," Ms. Cymbalisty said.

Within four hours, the News had a Calgary writer interviewing her.

"They tried to make it sound dirty. I told them the story of how Harry and I just talked and they made it out like he's a pervert and he's not."

The News story referred to a drunken Prince Harry asking Ms. Cymbalisty if she was wearing underwear, and "totally distorted" the incident, the bartender said.

"He asked nervously that my skirt was very short and he shyly asked if I was wearing underwear. He was very polite. He was not disrespectful and was not leering."

[...]

"I know you can't believe anything that's in them. Look at how they changed my words. All I ever wanted was to put some pictures of that night in my album of celebrities who have come into the club over the years I have worked there."

Now, she's concerned about what Prince Harry might think of her.

"I think everyone's out to get him. I want him to know I'm no sellout. We had an amazing connection that night. I realize the one time he tries to have a normal night out, he now thinks they are going to sell him out. And that's not what I tried to do at all. I just wish I could tell him that, but I can't."


Exactly! How was Cherie supposed to know that selling the British Tabloids stories about Prince Harry's interest in her undergarments would get blown out of proportion. She's the innocent victim who never wanted to hurt him in all of this. How dare anyone suggest she did it for money, or to try and turn the whole thing into a playboy spread. Well, anyone besides her lawyer that is.



IN REAL NEWS...

-Graham Thompson gets off a good zinger to start off today's Edmonton Journal column:

If we're ever in the situation where the world is about to be destroyed by a giant asteroid in 15 minutes, somebody should have Premier Ed Stelmach hold a news conference and broadcast it around the globe.

For anyone watching, that final quarter of an hour will seem like an eternity. At the 10-minute mark people will be cheering on the asteroid.

To sit through a Stelmachian news conference is to witness an end to the laws of relativity and syntax as we know them.


-You know it's a slow news week when The Hill Times starts speculating about Michael Fortier's leadership ambitions. One thing at a time guys. First the Senate Appointment. Then a Cabinet position. Then election as an MP. Then we can talk about leadership.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • I would like to know how Harry was able to "not be disrespectful" by asking Cherie about her undergarments while she was working at a bar? To appeal to westerb Tory supporters in his leadership bid, perhaps Michael Fortier could visit Cherie at the next incarnation of Cowboys nad ask her non-disrespectful questions. It would really get him notice.

    By Blogger Wheatfield, at 10:40 a.m.  

  • Actually, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cymbalisty doesn't know much at all about the British tabloids -- or if she thought she was talking to the equivalent of the Vancouver Sun. Anyone in my family, most of my neighbours, virtually any waitress I've ever worked with, none of these people realize British tabloids even exist -- they think it's all Anthony Hopkins in a three-piece suit reading international news in the tube drinking tea.

    Man oh man, that Stelmach piece - that's good. Wasn't it Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy that had the guy's intestine burst out his stomach and strangle him to prevent the audience from dying of boredom? This is the best I've read since reading that, I'm really glad you put it up!

    By Blogger Jacques Beau Vert, at 10:44 a.m.  

  • Is there any proof that those questions were actually asked, or are they just what she wanted him to ask her. She must be very upset that she sold out for 30 pieces of silver,(add a few zeros), after reading a Montreal girl is engaged to his cousin. Her obit will probable read, Cherri ----, who once had an encounter with Prince Harry, died ----------. Love the comment re reaching her ambition to grow up to be a bimbo.

    By Blogger maryT, at 10:46 a.m.  

  • It's the wit that moves this political blog from run-of-the-mill to must read.

    By Blogger Brian Dell, at 1:37 p.m.  

  • Concerning our Senator and Minister Michael Fortier and his brother-in-law, see the site:

    www.canott.blogspot.com

    You will be stunned by hypocrisy and apparent conflict about Groupaction and Sponsorship scandal. Is there another iceburg part?

    By Blogger jml, at 7:01 a.m.  

  • By Blogger raybanoutlet001, at 11:32 p.m.  

  • By Blogger love, at 10:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home